It’s finally really feeling like spring here in the Midwest, however it doesn’t look like spring yet so I decided I needed to bring some spring with me for my outfit pictures. I’ve been wanting to do one of the biggest fashion blogger cliches and put a bouquet of flowers in my bag, and thought now was the perfect time. Don’t worry, I wrapped a paper towel around the end of the bouquet so my bag didn’t get damaged.
Okay, time to move on to my outfit. More specifically, this Forever 21 smocked gingham dress. I bought it two months ago but didn’t have nice enough weather to wear it until recently. I really can’t wait until its even warmer out because my jacket is covering up the cutest part, the bow straps! It’s sold out online, but I provided the link to give you a better idea of what it looks like, and ya never know, it might get restocked. I’m so glad I listened to the reviews and bought a medium, because it does run small. You can see on the site it looks really short on the model too, but with my super short torso it fits perfectly.
While checking to see if this dress got restocked, I found a smocked gingham crop top that is designed just like the bodice of my dress. So, if you paired it with some gingham shorts or a skirt, you could really end up with a similar outfit! I found these high waist paperbag shorts that might match the scale of the top’s print. Although, with the smocked detail of the top you might not need to worry about finding an exact match. You could also purposely miss match the scale of the prints and go with this ruffle skirt that has a larger gingham print.
Since this is the it print of the season I decided to link a number of my other favorite gingham dresses at a variety of price points so there’s something for everyone. (Listed from least to most expensive.)
1. a Boohoo ruffle hem skater dress that also has tie straps like my dress
2. a shirt dress from Boohoo
3. a simple fit and flare dress from The Gap
4. a tiered maxi dress from The Gap
5. a Lulu’s backless skater dress
6. a Billabong tie-front dress that also has tie straps
7. an ASOS tiered midi halter dress
8. a lace-up skater dress from Lulu’s
9. an off the shoulder dress from Hello Molly
10. a ruffle cold shoulder dress from Nordstrom Rack
11. a Bloomingdale’s mini dress currently on sale for $80 with the code PRIVATE
12. an off the shoulder dress from Nordstrom
13. a Revolve cold shoulder dress
Shein zip front trapezoidal handbag/Vintage necklace/BLANKNYC Life Changer Moto Jacket in black, similar Nordstrom Topshop faux leather biker jacket/Forever 21 smocked gingham dress, similar Boohoo ruffle hem skater dress/BCBGeneration Devvin Ankle Boot, similar DSW Diba Brodie Bootie, & DSW Marc Fisher Gemi Bootie