This is a post I’ve been thinking about doing annually for the past few years but never got around to it before now. Since it’s been too cold to take outfit post outside for the first week of the year, I thought this year would be perfect for starting this annual post. So hear it is.
My top 10 Fashion purchases of 2017 (from left to right):
- This floral maxi romper from Francesca’s is a favorite of mine because, well, it’s a maxi romper. I’m 4’9″, so I’m a little too short to wear a real maxi skirt/dress without it making me look really short, so a maxi romper is quite an amazing invention in my eyes. (This will definitely make it into my suitcase for my trip to Italy this summer.)
- I bought this ombre lace tank (that’s long enough for me to wear as a dress) from a local boutique and love that I can wear as either a tank or dress. (Possibly bring this to Italy too.)
- This beaded layered tulle skirt from Boohoo is a favorite from last year because it’s a midi skirt that kind of looks like a maxi skirt on me, but the lining only goes to my knees so it doesn’t look like I’m drowning in fabric. (Also might be bring this to Italy.)
- These neutral Butter London polishes have been great to me over the fall and winter. You can read a review of this set here or buy individual full sizes of the colors here.
- I was stocking this Free People lace tunic for the entire summer and finally was able to buy it when it went on sale at Revolve at the end of the season. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and I can’t wait till it’s warm enough in the spring and summer when I can wear it again. (Definitely packing this for my Italy trip. BTW, did you know I’m going to Italy? 😉😂)
- I bought the BLANKNYC Life Changer Moto Jacket when it was in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale over the summer and have no regrets. The XS size fits me great and I love that it has gold hardware. It’s still available in XL and is almost fully stocked in the other two colors.
- I saw these Guess pearl and rhinestone embellished jeans in a kid Instagramer’s post over the summer and immediately fell in love. I bought the largest size they had and they fit great! The one nice thing about being petite is that I can buy pricier brands in kids sizes and pay less then what the adult clothes would cost.
- I’ve always loved hats, so when the baker boy hat trend started I knew I wanted one and was happy to find this one at Forever 21 while visiting my sister at college.
- I love this color blocked knit top from Forever 21 I bought this fall because it’s so unique looking, and it’s also cropped so it work well with my super short torso.
- My last favorite item from 2017 are these velvet buckled ankle boots from ASOS. They happen to encapsulate many things I’ve been wanting to buy, grey boots, buckle boots, and something velvet (although I still want to buy a velvet slip dress).